Re: [SLE] SuSE's support is a worthless piece of ...
  • From: Dennis Tuchler <dtuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:49:27 -0500
On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 13:36, Avi Schwartz wrote:
> My laptop's built-in ethernet card is not working under 8.2 Pro. It
> used to work with previous versions of SuSE and still works under
> different Linux distributions (Gentoo, for example). So I fill a
> support request and what answer do I get:
>
> "Please consider that our free installation support has a defined scope.
> Unfortunately, configuration of network cards is not covered within
> this scope, so please understand that we cannot answer the support
> requests you have
> submitted."
>
> So what now, I am just SOL?

Not yet. S.u.S.E. maintains a fairly large FAQ file. Go to
http://www.suse.com or http://www.suse.de/en and put the name of your
ethernet card or simply the term "ethernet card" in the blank for
searches (I think on the left side of the screen) and see what happens.

avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
Dennis Tuchler <dtuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>