I have two identical machines running SuSE8.0 with a vanilla kernel
patched with freeswan ipsec. I just loaded both with 2.4.20 machine A
boots flawless all services and scripts load no problem. However when I
try to reboot machine B with 2.4.20 my firewall scipt fails because it's
unable to load the ip_tables.o module. I logged in locally and tried
The module is in the /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter ...
Could someone explain why this may be happening or how modules are
loaded ie conf files or debug routines ..