Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.2 -- What is the best file system?
  • From: "Nicholas Parsons" <napt256@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chris,

> as a file manager. That right there introduces tons of
> bugs in the code.

>>Oh really? I'd be interested in hearing how you came up with that. >>Considering
>>that being a file manager/browser in the same program allows a >>significant
>>amount of code to be shared.

I was taught in school to focus on one thing and do it
well. The more functionality you add to a program, the
more code has to be written, etc. The two ideas are clearly
separate problems. I'm not saying you can't share code between
the two programs, I just don't think they should be lumped
together in the same program. Adding more code to any program
will always introduce more bugs due to probability and
statistics.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com