Re: [SLE] nVIDIA Problem
  • From: Jonothan <jonothan.harbourne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:16:15 +0000
On Tuesday 15 April 2003 12:32, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> I've been having a devil of a time getting nVIDIA to work on my SuSE 8.1
> system. Both NVIDIA_kernel and NVIDIA_GLX install without any problems,
> but when I run startx the screen goes dark and the only recovery seems to
> be to reboot.
>
> Here's a section of the output from 3Ddiag:
>
> Verifying 3D configuration based on XFree86 4 for 3D board
> "nVidia Corporation GeForce2 GTS (10de@0150)":
> Tests for package "NVIDIA_GLX":
> package ... done.
> package files ... done.
> Tests for package "NVIDIA_kernel":
> package ... done.
> package files ... done.
> Tests for correct OpenGL libraries/GLX extensions:
> Symbolic Links ... failed!
>
> I suspect this may be the problem. What are the proper symbolic links?
>
> Thanks in advance

assuming your using the 4349 driver

/usr/lib/libGL.so is a sym link to /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 which in turm is a sym
link to /usr/lib/GL/libGL.so.1.0.4349.nv_glx

and

/sur/lib/libGLcore.so.1 is a sym link to /usr/liblibGLcore.so.1.0.4349.nv_glx

I found this out last year when RTCW refused to run altthough SuSEconfig et al
had been run, luckily when it didn't run the error message meant tracking
down the problem was quite easy

< Previous Next >