Re: [SLE] Changing for LILO
  • From: Andrew Kirilenko <icedank@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 21:20:17 +0300
Hello!

> > It's simple:
> > 0. Become root
> > 1. Edit your /etc/lilo.conf according your needs
> > 3. Run lilo
> >
> > That's all. But I don't see any kind of reasons why to do this.
>
> I've known this for some time, but what I don't know is how to go in the
> other direction. If my machine is using lilo, how would I configure it
> to use grub? As for why one would choose lilo over grub, well I for one
> know how to configure my lilo.conf file, but I know nothing about
> configuring grub.
AFAIK, SuSE creates (and modifies?) both lilo.conf and grub's menu.lst (Too
lazy to check). So switching is simple - run lilo to switch to lilo or
grub-install to switch to grub. In any case, if you want to switch your boot
manager, you know what and why are you doing and how to do this.

Best regards,
Andrew.