Re: [SLE] Backup Kmail and sub-folders
  • From: John <yonaton@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:26:00 -0600

On Monday 24 March 2003 11:06 am, Banthat Sengsavanh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How to backup folders in Kmail (+ some others in ~/.kde/share) ?
> When i backup the kmail folder, after a restore in atnother machine, i
> only have the 2 first level of folders visible.
> The third level is created (Sub-Folder2), but all mails are not
> restored.
>
> Mail
>
> Folder
> Sub-Folder1
> Sub-Folder2
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks.

Anytime I tried to backup the whole directory to my M$ partition (which is
literally used as storage now only anymore), I always got a message saying it
couldn't save 12345.1234.PmUhvs,S (that's just an example, but very similar).
The only thing I could do was rename each of them singly, in each folder to:
1, 2, 3, 4...etc. It would be an extreme PIA if someone has a whole lot of
emails they save though.

John