Re: [SLE] Network performances
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:08:07 +0000
On Monday 17 March 2003 09:51, Marco De Maddalena wrote:
> I have a server with SuSE8.1
> I have noticed that Linux PCs with old kernel 2.0.x have bad network
> performance. (92 secs for a PC with 2.0.x against 7 secs for a PC with
> 2.4.x to copy a 36MB file - same HW)
> Does anybody have some hints, other than upgrade to newer kernel, since not
> always possible?

This is likely because the nfs server moved from user-space to kernel-space
between 2.0.x and 2.4.x, ...

Alternatively, are both machines actually doing exactly the same operation?

Dylan

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in a final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not