Re: AW: [SLE] 8.2 Announced
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:53:41 +0100
On Thursday 13 March 2003 12:54, Marshall Heartley wrote:
> This is a VERY POOR judgement call on your part SuSE!!! I like a few
> others on this list do not own a DVD drive but now you insist on putting
> the sources on a DVD??? What good is that going to do me??? Especially
> if I need to recompile something. I guess it is to cut down on cost but
> without the sources, you are no better than MS and like I stated before,
> others like me do not have broadband to download the sources. So what
> do users without a DVD and broadband do? I guess you are telling us
> like MS that we need to change our hardware!!!! What next activation??

heh

You don't think you're - I don't know - overreacting, or something?

Without a cdrom you can't install it either, only old slackware distros are
shipped on floppies. Evil conspiracy?

With a 486 you can't install it, since all packages are compiled for i586.
Evil conspiracy?

Come join the 21st century. It's fun here