Re: [SLE] XFree86 4.3.0/SuSEconfig Issues
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:43:05 -0800
* Curtis Rey (crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx) [030304 00:39]:
->Ya, I did what Anders suggested and it still hangs at the fonts config part.
->Can't boot to gui w/o fonts. It's really should be this way, especially since
->I got the nvidia drivers working in beta-1 for 82 with 3D. I used the
->4191.ul1.i586 packages and then sax2. I know I'd be fine if I could just get
->SuSeconfig to get past the fonts stage. Right now I'm using yast to rm the
->new xf86 files and reinstall the original ones.
->
->I hope they come up with a fix soon, this is extremely frustrating.

Are you sure you removed *all* the cache files? Once I did this it
indexed all 202M of fonts I have installed without issue.

I'm thinking you missed a font cache file...give it another shot.

Do this "find /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts -print | grep cache"

This should show you all of them..delete every single one of them.

latah.
--
Ben Rosenberg ---===---===---===--- mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
Tell me what you believe..