Re: [SLE] Error when trying to ssh
  • From: zentara <zentara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:31:45 -0500
On 02 Mar 2003 20:18:17 -0800
Tom Nielsen <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>When I ssh into my office computer, everything goes fine (except I can't
>scp from it). When I try to ssh into my home computer from the office, I
>get the following error:

> lost connection
>

>I get this error when I try to scp a file from work to home (while at
>home). I used to be able to do it. I didn't screw with anything (that
>I'm aware of). Everything's running that's supposed to be. Any thoughts?

Are you trying to use ssh keys instead of regular password authorization?

When using keys:
You will have the files $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa.pub and $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa.

The id_dsa.pub - file is your public key. Copy that file to the target to
$HOME/.ssh/machinename.pub and do a
"cd .ssh; cat machinename.pub >>authorized_keys".

--
use Perl; #powerful programmable prestidigitation