Re: [SLE] [kallsyms] Error 1
  • From: Karol Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:15:12 -0500
On Sunday 23 February 2003 16:26, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> I agree with the use of 2.4.20. I've used a lot of non-SuSE kernels
> and I've never noticed anything missing other than the 'pretty
> boot-up screen' you get with an SuSE install. I can live without
> that.

I imagine most people do the same thing. Personally, I wanted 2.4.20
for its reiserfs speedups and VM fixes, so using mantel's sources was
not an issue.

What patches do you apply when you roll your own? Whenever I built my
own kernel, I do / apply the following patches:

- RML's preemptive patch
- loop-AES + ciphers (for reading partitions encrypted using YaST2)
- lm_sensors (for reading the temperture of my CPU)
- grsecurity
- change HZ to 1000 in linux/include/asm-i386/param.h

Anything else I am missing / would find interesting?