Re: [SLE] Linux isn't ready yet
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:22:33 -0500
On Sunday 16 February 2003 14:35 pm, Curtis Rey wrote:

<much good stuff snipped>

> I personally would love to see the sorts of things I find in M$ Window
> in Linux, namely wide spread support of gaming and all those little
> gadgets and programs like EAX support, multimedia keyboards, etc,
> etc... It's only a matter of time until this becomes a reality....
> And end-users such as you and I are a large part of this. The more
> you see Linux used in the Office, the SOHO, and the home the faster
> you'll see not only those in the Linux community develop for the
> end-users but you'll see the OEMs for both hardware and software start
> to also - it's already happening in the Linux server/enterprise sector
> bigtime. Hence, why M$, all the while denying it, post SEC 10-Q
> reports stating that due to Linux they may have to cut costs and to
> expect lower earnings.

I've been thinking that the SEC 10-Q sentences about "linux is hurting
us" might be more of a M$ ploy to indicate "hey, we're not really a
monopoly, look at how we're being hurt by this other operating system!"

Just like they supported Word and some of their other apps on the Mac to
show that they were willing to diversify a bit. (just a bit)

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 02/20/03
10:19 +
"C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\GO C:\PC\CRAWL"

< Previous Next >