Re: [SLE] CPU busy.
  • From: Franz Knuts <fg.knuts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:00:27 +0100
Le Samedi 8 Février 2003 21:28, Bill Wisse a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> On several occasions I have noticed that for no apparent reason the CPU is
extremely busy.
> The system monitor shows "0%idle" even after I closed down all the running
programs.
> I left it for a couple of hours (thinking its cleaning up something) but
still busy.

For a long checks of CPU usage, you can use the package systat.It contains the
following commands:

iostat - Report Central Processing Unit (CPU) statistics and input/output
statistics for devices and partitions.
sar - Collect, report, or save system activity information.
isag - Interactive System Activity Grapher

Franz