Re: [SLE] Digital Camera (Second try)
  • From: Marino Fernandez <mjferna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:22:15 -0800 (PST)
--- Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello List
> I have a (digital camera) Ricoh Caplio RR 30 and
> when I plug it in a USB, NO
> icon on the desktop.
> I drives me crazy . I don't know how to get it
> working.

I do not know if this will work with yours (works with
mine, but I have a Fuji Finepix), but is very easy and
will take less than a minute to try this:

Connect the camera to the usb port, turn it on... I
think there is a blip sound when it connects...

Then from System --> filesystem tools choose
kdiskfree... if everything is OK (and your camera is
somehow like mine), you should see a new device,
/dev/sda1; right click to mount it and the right click
(or was it click) to open it, and you will see a
folder with all your pics inside)...