Re: [SLE] Audio CD.
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Dec 2002 16:24:34 +0100
Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> No I do not. But have just tested it from the root Kde, and here
> it worked ok.
>
> > What's the output of "ls -l /dev/scd0" and "id -a"?
>
> eurit:~ # ls -l /dev/scd0
> brw-r----- 1 root disk 11, 0 Sep 9 22:24 /dev/scd0
> eurit:~ # ls -l /dev/sr0
> brw-r----- 1 root disk 11, 0 Sep 9 22:24 /dev/sr0
> eurit:~ # ls -l /dev/sr1
> brw-r----- 1 root disk 11, 1 Sep 9 22:24 /dev/sr1

You didn't get the point. If I use my account in KDE then I become
the owner of the /dev/scd0 file and therefore I can access the device.

If you log in as root in KDE and do the listing then no one can see
where the problem is since root is the owner of /dev/scd0 and it works
OK for root.

The command "id -a" lists groups which the user belongs to. One of
them should be "audio" but I don't know how important it is.

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx