Re: [SLE] DVD playback
  • From: Karol Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:40:46 -0500
As AA said correcting me, only hdparm will tell you whether you are
using DMA. That output confirms that you -are- successfully using DMA.

The error messages, although weird and terse, are nothing to worry
about. I get the same:

$ hdparm /dev/dvd | grep using_dma
HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
using_dma = 1 (on)
$

I'm using a KT333 chipset on my motherboard. You?

--
Karol Pietrzak <noodlez84@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0

< Previous Next >