Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 broken?
  • From: Johnny Ernst Nielsen <johnny.ernst.nielsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:48:28 +0100
Good day all,

On Sunday 01 December 2002 22:59, FX Fraipont wrote:
> Rob Benton wrote:
> >Well I'm not on a laptop, but the problems I had were java in
> > mozilla (so did everybody) and gnumeric crashing. Haven't had
> > any real hardware related problems except for IDE vs SCSI
> > emulation and the funky links Suse creates in the /dev directory.
> >
> >On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 15:26, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
>
> We'll, I've been using SuSE since 5.3, and 8.1 has been the most
> problem-prone up to now.

[SNIP - loads of problems]

I guess this list recieves almost nothing but problem reports.
After all it is a list for help...

I would like to be a little positive and say that apart from mozilla
not being able to run java, and an incorrect modem init string, my
8.1 Pro box has had no critical flaws.
It detected my hardware and has been very stable.

I have bumped in to an amazingly high number of minor problems
compared to 8.0, but no showstoppers.
So, things can get better, and they seem to ba somewhat more difficult
to get running the way I want them to, but I have not have to give up
on anything yet.

All in all I like 8.1, while I still look forward to improvements in
8.2.

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)