Re: [SLE] xawtv 3.80 suse 8.0
  • From: Blackimp <blackimp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 03:09:05 +0000
On Sunday 01 December 2002 19:28, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The 02.12.01 at 19:51, Blackimp wrote:
> > Hi. I downloaded source code of xawtv 3.80. I have suse 8.0, kde 3.0.3
> > If i 'make' such source code it says i need *-devel rpm's but it doesn't
> > say which ones. Beside on the site i found another file tv-fonts-1.0 i
> > don't know where to locate it. Can anyone help me?
>
> In general, just try to run its "configure" program, and read carefully
> the output: it should tell you what it doesn't find, and you should be
> able to figure out which suse's package corresponds to that.

First of all thanx for your advise.
Follows configure response: still i don'y know which -devel rpm packages i
have to install. Beside I know i need jpeg-devel but I haven't got it on my
suse 8.0 dvd and i don't know any site providing packages for suse.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gccmakedep... gccmakedep
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking soundcard.h usability... no
checking soundcard.h presence... no
checking for soundcard.h... no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking sys/soundcard.h usability... yes
checking sys/soundcard.h presence... yes
checking for sys/soundcard.h... yes
checking alsa/asoundlib.h usability... yes
checking alsa/asoundlib.h presence... yes
checking for alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
checking linux/joystick.h usability... yes
checking linux/joystick.h presence... yes
checking for linux/joystick.h... yes
checking dev/ic/bt8xx.h usability... no
checking dev/ic/bt8xx.h presence... no
checking for dev/ic/bt8xx.h... no
checking machine/ioctl_bt848.h usability... no
checking machine/ioctl_bt848.h presence... no
checking for machine/ioctl_bt848.h... no
checking for ftello... yes
checking for fseeko... yes
checking for getpt... yes
checking for getnameinfo... yes
checking for getopt_long... yes
checking for strcasestr... yes
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for ELF... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for main in -lossaudio... no
checking for initscr in -lncurses... no
checking for initscr in -lcurses... no
Oops: (n)curses library not found. You need this one, please install.
Note: to compile stuff just the library packages are not enougth,
you need also the *-devel packages.