Re: [SLE] DVD playback
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:51:01 GMT
In a previous message, Rob Benton wrote:

> Turning on DMA using hdparm worked for me and I run a 1.2 T-bird with a
> Radeon LE. What method did you use to try turning on DMA?

When I set DMA on using hdparm, the drive was still under scsi emulation and
it crashed the computer totally (BIOS lockup, keyboard lights blinking). So,
I changed it to IDE and set DMA on using YaST's DMA tool. The drive now
allows access, but I stil get choppy DVD playback.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price