Re: [SLE] Upgrade to newer versions by ftp
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:55:33 +0200
* Mark Annandale; <mark@xxxxxxxxx> on 26 Nov, 2002 wrote:
On Monday 25 November 2002 14:15, Agustin Lobo wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> No you need to boot from the cd image you downloaded from the ftpserver
> since an update usually involves new kernel new glibc etc you should be
> booting from the "to be updated sysyem" which in this case would be the
> CD image you have downloaded and burned on a CD

I too have been trying this update. After booting from the new CD (made with boot.iso) I get to where I am prompted for the ftp server's address. However I only know the blah blah blah. What is the correct IP address for the ftp server ?

I thought it would just accept the name of the server like

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer