Re: [SLE] Evolution 1.2.0
  • From: Jeric <jeric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 14 Nov 2002 08:57:15 -0600
On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 08:31, James Ogley wrote:
> That's right you lovely people, as you may have noticed, the mad monkeys
> at Ximian have got Evolution 1.2 out of the door, and I've now finished
> building it for SuSE 8.1

Ximian has released a SuSE 8.1 version already which works nicely.

> In addition spell
> checking doesn;t work at the moment, I'm working on that.

Their version already has spell (and pilot) working "out of the box" so
to speak.

> Since it's a major upgrade, I recommend that you backup your
> $HOME/evolution directory before installing. You may even need (as I
> did) to delete all your mail folders and then import them - weird, but
> there you go...

I uninstalled 1.0.8 and backed-up by mail folders, but after installing
1.2, it picked everything backup including my vfolders, subfolders,
un/read email, filters, et al. without incident.

> You can get it from www.usr-local-bin.org

I noticed you create a lot of files for SuSE, and although I don't use
them, thank you for all your hard work.