recent YOU destroys KDE setup - what now ??
  • From: Bart Symons <bart.symons@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:29 +0100

I had a perfectly working KDE 3.0.4 setup.

When I run YOU and accept either one of the current KDE3 updates in YOU's
list I end up with three highly irritating problems:

- knode becomes unstable as hell after the upgrade (frequent freezes)
- my preferred windows style was thrown out the window by YOU
(High Colour is replaced with the dotNET style, yuck)
- when I try to change the style using KDE Control Center -> Look n Feel ->
Styles then the Control Center applet only shows half of the available styles
(I checked the list of style files in /opt/kde3/share/apps/kstyle/themes and
they're all there) and of course ... the High Colour style isn't shown.

  • No further messages