Re: [SLE] GTK?
> What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to install these system
> components (bits and pieces)?
> Is Linux always this way when you try to install a program?

How were you trying to install it? RPM or source?

The easier way to install packages is to let YaST resolve dependencies,
so you could select gtk2 in YaST and it'll install everything that it
requires too.

If you're installing this software from source, you'll need to install
gtk2-devel as well, that contains the development headers, but may not
be included with the Personal edition (not sure...)
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance Plc.

If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately
notify our Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com