GTK?
  • From: "Fancher, Mark (GEAE)" <Mark.Fancher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:51:30 -0500
I've been trying to install a program, but have had some dependency problems. I
emailed the author and he told me that I need GTK2.0 - whatever that is. I have
SuSE8.0 (Personal), and apparently, it doesn't have GTK2.0.

So, I went to the SuSE ftp site and downloaded all the files that looked
something like gtk2.0 or libgtk2.0. Tried to install them, but always aborted
because they depended on some other programs. I probably spent a good 4 hours
trying to get this installed.

>From reading posts from other members, look's as if many people need this
program.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to install these system
components (bits and pieces)?

Is Linux always this way when you try to install a program?

Mark

< Previous Next >