Re: [SLE] Sendmail or Postfix?
  • From: Miguel Albuquerque <mfoacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:21:44 +0200
Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:

Miguel Albuquerque wrote:

1. It seems to me that Postfix has a better and easier integration with procmail, but would that be enaugh for changing from sendmail to postfix, assuming that I would have better tools to fight spam for exemple?

Nobody installs sendmail it the present times anymore for other reasons than:
- he is used to it, and doesn't want to learn another, just like Windows users are :)
- has working config files or whatever old compatibility stuff

Postfix is much easier to configure, can do the same job and more, faster too.

qmail is on a comparable level as postfix in regards to performance, sendmail beeing much lower, they say.

I don't know how to configure sendmail, and strongly hope to never need to learn. I've been using Postfix everywhere, and been very happy with it.

Well, I don't fit in any of those cathegories above, but you guys convinced me but:

1. HOWTO migrate from sendmail to postfix? Documentation, scripts, etc would be great.
2. Does anyone has experience with postfix and avgate + antivir from H+BEDV?

Thanks again.
--
.-. e-SecureNet
/v\ We Run SuSE Project Manager

Tel: +41 (22) 782 5344 Fax: +41 (22) 782 5348
mailto:mfoacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.e-securenet.ch