Re: [SLE] [OT] Top-posting is so Microsoftish
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:08:10 +0200 (CEST)

The 02.10.14 at 12:16, John Pettigrew wrote:

> In a previous message, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
> > [businesses] dislike somebody else trimiming what they said, because the
> > exact meaning can be altered.
>
> But this is exactly why snipping is so useful. If someone snips your post
> but has misunderstood you, you can see exactly where and why the
> misunderstanding has occurred, so can address that issue. Otherwise, you're
> simply left with a misunderstanding and no clue why they're being so "dim".

You have a point there.

But sometimes, specially when it is a "conversation" involving several
people that where not following the issue carefully, it is better for them
to see the original text intact.

What I do sometimes is that I leave the original untouched, at the bottom,
and copy the small section I'm going to answer above. Long mails are not a
problem in that environment: attachements are.

In fact, if I trim the text, quoting, I usually warn that I'm doing so:
many people get lost, some even tell you to stop doing that. I have been
doing that for years, but it is new stuff for them.

So... I adapt :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson