Re: [SLE] Re: Recommended Flatbed Scanner Under Linux?
  • From: doc <kd4e@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:29:06 -0400
> Epson should have their own Linux drivers for the 1660, just check their
> site.
> With Epson supplying their own drivers for the newer scanners, I expect
> that they should work very will with Linux.

Just did a site search at as well as looking at
drivers and downloads for several models of scanners -- best I can
determine Epson offers nothing for Linux. Are they buried somewhere
that their site search cannot locate when "linux" is specified?

> I have been using an Epson 610 usb for a long time with Linux and SuSE
> (7.2 and 8.0) picks it up and configures it without problems. The SANE
> backend is used.
> I use XSane and GIMP with the sane plugin.

It is terrific news that the needed features are intact under Linux, even
if Epson neglects to publicize this on their site.

Time to go an get a new scanner!

Thanks! doc

"And God said, let there be light ... "