SuSE 8.1 firewall question
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:55:39 +0100
I have just installed SuSE 8.1 (upgrade from 7.3, but fresh install) and am
having a problem with SuSE firewall2. I used Shorewall on 7.3, because the
SuSE offering was too hard to configure, but I thought I would try it. The
new YaST config tool is much simpler, and I have it working and masquerading
the POP3 mail from my LAN machine to the internet. However, I cannot access
the web from the LAN machines even though I can from the Linux box, and it
seems that smtp is also blocked.

Can anyone suggest why this might be? Will I have to poke around the config
file to enable this? I have disabled all services in the config tool,
because it implies that these are external only. Is this correct?

If it's too hard to configure, I guess I'll go back to Shorewall, because
that was simple to set up, and it worked!

TiA

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games