Re: [SLE] Advanced Micro Devices will include Microsoft's Palladium(OT)
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:14:03 +0200
On Friday 20 September 2002 23.06, Herman L. Knief wrote:
> You're missing the point. The issue is adoption by contect providers of
> any sort. If they adopt, then unless you are running a "trusted" client
> (read M$) then you are screwed.

That could be an issue yes, but the issue is exactly the same as content
providers using proprietary file formats for which there are no linux
clients. I see no difference whatever. And no, trusted clients needn't be MS.
It could be RealPlayer, it could be QuickTime both of which are big enough
that no content provider would dare leave them out.

//Anders