Re: [SLE] SuSe Enterprise X.XX New Release?
  • From: Michael Hasenstein <mha@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:03:24 -0700
Donavan Pantke wrote:

I know SLES 8 is UnitedLinux, but will it include things like the new 8.1 YaST?

Yes, since 8.1 is the big beta test for United Linux ;-)

The SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (now also UL) concept always was to use a previous "regular retail release" as base for the enterprise product, with as few changes as possible - i.e. only bug fixes and maybe some special-request stuff (special kernel stuff mostly) from big partners like Oracle which gets tested a lot (by them mostly) before it's included.

So whenever you buy a SuSE Linux x.y just before we release a new Enterprise Server you are a beta tester ;-)

Michael

< Previous Next >