Re: [SLE] Replacing sendmail with qmail
  • From: Jon Lim <trayde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 01:26:10 +0100
On Sunday 01 September 2002 17:29, Mark Doucette wrote:
> Well for one thing, when I tried to replace sendmail with postfix, I
> could never get yast2 to stop complaining about 'cron' depending on
> sendmail. Was a bit of a pita.
>
> a little insight. HTH

Agreed - same thing happened when I removed sendmail and installed qmail
instead. Everytime you try to add/install packages it will say that the
dependencies fail and you need to install sendmail/(other MUA I can't
remember).

An idea (I have not tried this): you could get around this by building your
own Sendmail RPM from the SRPMs which contains 0 files. Then you won't get
that annoying message everytime you try to add a new program. Personally, I
don't install enough new software on a working system via YaST to warrant
bothering.

Later,
Jon