Re: [SLE] Selecting Window Manager
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:25:20 +0200
On Monday 29 July 2002 21.15, Nick Selby wrote:
> > #2: Are you starting from command line with startx or from kdm/gdm/xdm?
>
> kdm/gdm/xdm -

Which is it? The config files are different for each of them

> > Have you tried "startx gnome" or possibly "startx /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome"?
>
> Yes, that works.

Good, so gnome is properly installed

> I'd like to make this work on startup - when the thing
> starts up it goes right into gnome.

You want to start up in gnome directly on bootup, without logging in?

> Can you point me at the right config
> file?

Depends on how you want things to work. If you want to boot directly into
gnome without logging in, you may have to write a startup script. I don't
think there's a "pre-fab" way of doing it.

//Anders