Any idea when 2.4.19 release due?
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:23:56 -0700
Hi, just wondering when the 2.4.19 kernel will be released. If anyone has a
clue or notion I would like to hear about it. I have a pcd20272 chip on my
mobo (promise/gigabyte ide controller for hde, f , g, h inteface) but the
current kernel doesn't support. However, according to the change log the
2.4.19 will. I have tried to apply the 2.4.19-rc3 patch but with limited
success. the module driver have compiled but when giving the modules_install
the modules aren't in /lib/modules/*. I'm sure i have skipped something, but
not sure what. Tried the "patch -p0 <patch-2.4.19-rc3" and always asks for
"file to patch", so I did "patch -p1 <patch-2.4.19-rc3" and kernel was
patched. Then I configed, and ran make dep clean bzlilo modules
modules_install, went ok. Then mk_initrd and then lilo but the modules
aren't there in /lib/modules - any dirs. So a cp'ed vmlinuz.2.4.19-4rc3 and
the same or it's system map to the boot dir. Edit lilo.conf and then ran
mk_initrd and lilo again load into lilo but on boot 2.4.19-rc3 image goes
nowhere.

Therefore, I was hoping that a complete kernel might be able to get me the
drivers I wanted, I can install from source, and better yet a SuSE kernel
rpm. However, I'm not sure about what I missed.

TIA, Curtis