Re: [SLE] how to use ftp install with 8.0 cd version bugfix?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philippt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:12:06 +0200
Andreas Michael Nein <silva@xxxxxxxx> [30 Jun 2002 10:51:57 +0200]:

>Everytime i try to set enter an ftp mirror in yast i get the message
>that a portmapper cant recieve.

And I already wrote you on the german list that this error will only
come when trying to do a NFS install. FTP does not need the
portmapper, period. So it seems as though you're trying to pass the
path of the FTP server to the NFS installation, which will never work.

>Would it be a good idea to deinstall all yast realted stuff and apply
>the yast packages from ftp?

Why deinstall? You could simply update YaST2 and modules. But I'd
*really* check if you can't upgrade via YOU.

>Isn't there a slim workaround where i just have to change some few
>lines of script or config to enable ftp?

Definitely *not*. My colleagues worked hard at coding the part that
does the installation via FTP and there's much more to it then
changing a script or configuration.

Philipp

< Previous Next >