Re: [SLE] Yast2 broken after upgrade to KDE 3.01
  • From: Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:06:38 -0400
On Tuesday 04 June 2002 04:39 pm, Jose Thadeu Cavalcante wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 12:32, Anthony Moulen wrote:
> > Interestingly enough, all my menus still work as before after I updated.
> > I can use YAST2 without any problem from KDE 3.0.1. I used the files
> > that were on the kde site though instead of the files from the SuSE site.
>
> Please say what rpm command you apply to upgrade KDE3->KDE3.01, I use rpm
> -Uvh --nodeps --force *.rpm and after this when I try to open from
> System/YaST2 menu four processes are created (three y2base and one yast2),
> but nothing happens in the screen and YaST2 is not opened. To open YaST2 I
> need to go to console and enter su or sux and then enter yast or yast2 or
> YaST2, finally it is open using ncurses. Before to update KDE3 -> KDE3.01,
> typing yast or yast2 or YaST2 in console open it in graphic mode.
>
> Thanks for any information about this problem.
>
> Thadeu

I never force an RPM unless absolutely necessary. Which means I spent a
little time correcting a few problems when I installed. I don't run anything
after installing, although in this case I did reboot (I also updated NVidia
drivers on the same day and wanted to get the new kernel modules loaded). I
haven't had any problems so far, and won't be installing the updated RPMs
from SuSE's site unless I run into a bug that was fixed.

< Previous Next >