Re: [SLE] Yast2 broken after upgrade to KDE 3.01
  • From: Jose Thadeu Cavalcante <thadeu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:39:36 -0300
On Tuesday 04 June 2002 12:32, Anthony Moulen wrote:

> Interestingly enough, all my menus still work as before after I updated. I
> can use YAST2 without any problem from KDE 3.0.1. I used the files that
> were on the kde site though instead of the files from the SuSE site.
Please say what rpm command you apply to upgrade KDE3->KDE3.01, I use rpm -Uvh
--nodeps --force *.rpm and after this when I try to open from System/YaST2
menu four processes are created (three y2base and one yast2), but nothing
happens in the screen and YaST2 is not opened. To open YaST2 I need to go to
console and enter su or sux and then enter yast or yast2 or YaST2, finally it
is open using ncurses. Before to update KDE3 -> KDE3.01, typing yast or yast2
or YaST2 in console open it in graphic mode.

Thanks for any information about this problem.

Thadeu

< Previous Next >