Re: [SLE] KDE 3.0.1 + YaST2 = no more online updates :-(
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:10:32 -0700
* Fergus Wilde (fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020528 01:55]:

::YaST2 has stopped working in graphical mode altogether on my system since the
::3.0.1 upgrade, made the way you describe. I did indeed run SuSEconfig - but
::when you say here 'run ldconfig', is ldconfig not called by SuSEconfig in any
::event? I understood that it was, but would be grateful to be put right if
::that's not the case.

If you use sux and su to root then type yast2 it comes up. It's a
problem with the .desktop files in ~/.kde/share/applnk. Some how they
got very broken between 2.2.2 -> 3.0 and 3.0.1.

I tried to fire up yast2 from the Kmenu and it never displayed but was
running and sucking up CPU like there was no tomorrow. I killed it then
did an sux and fired up yast2. I then went to the Online update and it
worked fine. It's something bizarre with the .desktop entries.

-=Ben

mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
--=====--
If it's true that our species is alone in the
universe, then I'd have to say that the universe
aimed rather low and settled for very little. -GC