Re: Death due to cheap (?) ink
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:50:27 -0400
On Thursday, 23 May 2002 08:41, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> (WRT: BJC 6000 death. I had been using Canon ink since I bought the
> printer. More recently I had obtained cheaper ink, and had been using that.
> I don't know if there was some kind of cause and effect).

Without an autopsy (!), I can't declare if there is cause and effect, but
something similar happened to my Epson a way back. After a while of using a
cheap refill, somehow that ink corroded the circuitry, and I had to buy a
not-so-cheap print head unit. Thanks no thanks to cheap ink!
What I've done since is to consider the cartridge price and estimated
coverage in the printer's total cost.

--
Regards,
gr, in /usually/ sunny, balmy Florida's Suncoast.

Catastrophe: n. A strophe written by a cat.