Xine - more problems
  • From: Wojtek Malinski <wmalinski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:20:52 -0600
Hi,

Thanks for giving me the links for rpm's to xine.

I download them all and used
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
to install them, then I executed: ldconfig
did ln -sf /dev/sr0 /dev/dvd
and tried my "Matrix" DVD and... No go :(

so I downloaded d4d and d5d and install it and still no go.

When I press "Play" my cdorm/cd-RW/dvd starts to turn, then
stops, and then I get the massage:
xine engine error
there is no input plugin available to handle
"dvd://VTS_01_0.VOB'.
Maybe MRL syntax is wrong or file/stream source
does not exist.

After pressing more I get
Cannot find input plugin for this MRL
and that it is "unable to find >VTS_01_0.VOB< on dvd
"Sorry, xine doesn't play encrypted files. The legal ...
not provide such code.

---------------------

2nd problem:

Before I installed RPM's I tried to compile xine, and got
as far as compilation and installing of the libraries.

Now when I did xine-check I get:
.
.
[ good ] /usr/bin/xine is in your PATH
[ hint ] several instances of xine-config found in your PATH
xine-config executables have been found in these places:
/usr/local/bin/xine-config
/usr/bin/xine-config
This probably means you have several versions of xine-lib installed.
It's probably best to uninstall all unused xine-libs.
Further tests will use /usr/local/bin/xine-config.
press <enter> to continue...
.
.
[ good ] found logo in /usr/local/share/xine/skins
[OUCH!!] There are no skins.
Looks like the skins haven't been installd in /usr/local/share/xine/skins.
You should reinstall xine-ui, as it won't run without any skins...
press <enter> to continue...

.
.
[ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/sr0
[ good ] /dev/dvd points to /dev/sr0
[ hint ] Your DVD drive seems not to be attached via ATAPI.
This might be due to the use of an ide-scsi emulation.
If you really have a SCSI DVD drive, your SCSI controller is likely
to do perfect DMA, so there's no reason to worry about this.
However, if you're using ide-scsi, there is a chance that DMA is
disabled for the DVD drive. Moreover, I don't know how to enable
DMA in that case, so you probably have to live with some performance
loss. (FIXME: check for /proc/ide, provide solution)
press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] Your X server doesn't support YUV overlays.
That means xine will have to to color space transformation and scaling
in software, which is quite CPU intensive. Maybe upgrading your
X server will help here.
If you have an ATI card, you'll find accelerated X servers on
http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
press <enter> to continue...
[ hint ] Your X server doesn't support packed YUV overlays.
That means xine will have to to color space transformation and scaling
in software, which is quite CPU intensive. Maybe upgrading your
X server will help here.
If you have an ATI card, you'll find accelerated X servers on
http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] Your X server doesn't have any XVideo support...
XVideo is an X server extension introduced by XFree86 4.x. This
extension provides access to hardware accelerated color space
conversion and scaling, which gives a great performance boost.
If you have a fast (>1GHz) machine, you may be able to watch all
kinds of video, anyway. You will waste lots of CPU cycles, though...
press <enter> to continue...

Note: My computer (thinkpad A21e) is indeed ATAPI...

Any idea how I could get rid of one of the libraries and fix the other
problems....

Thank you for your previous help, and please help me some more,

Wojtek

< Previous Next >