Re: [SLE] Wish list for SuSE interface.
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:44:40 +0300
* Brian Durant; <durant@xxxxxxxxxx> on 18 May, 2002 wrote:
I thought that I would start this thread so that list members can express what they like and think needs to be improved with the SuSE interface. While I am using 7.3 Pro and not 8, I know that there are some things that haven't changed that much. Here I am thinking in particular of YAST 2. As YAST 2 from version 8 on is the only SuSE package management interface, I would like to suggest that the wish list could start here. In particular, there are two areas:

regardless of the interface in my opinion SuSE package maintainers
either merge the change log in to the RPM or the Quality control
department understands that if there is a new RPM with a bigger version
or the new so called patched RPM they incorporate a change log so people
like me who issue a rpm -q --changelog package will be able to see the
changes.

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer