KMail -> Mutt
  • From: Jon Clausen <dsl23212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:01:00 +0200
Hi List

For a couple of reasons I've started thinking about getting weaned off of
KMail.

I'm partial towards Mutt, but I'd like some thoughts about options regarding
the 'surrounding' MDA/MTA apps.

Or if someone could point me to a summary of which apps do what/how... Like
'natural' combinations of:
fetchmail+formail/procmail/+postfix/sendmail ...or something.

My primary concerns are:
Not losing mail in the transition, and
'rebuilding' the filtering that I have in KMail.

Secondary concern:
Eventually moving the old/archived mail to be accessible from Mutt.

At this point I'm trying to decide *which* combination is right for me. And
RTFM is almost 'too much information'...

Thoughts, pointers?

Regards,
Jon Clausen
--