Re: [SLE] Network Purgatory (Was network hell)
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 20:44:40 +0200

After a LONG LONG wait, Windows was gracious enough to see that the share properties on the share I set up were there and valid and.....And it's TRANFERRING ALL MY OLD FILES OVER NOW!!!

Anders, thank you so much for the help! I could kiss you.

Everyone else who helped me, thank you very very much.

I love this list!

At 07:49 PM 5/2/2002 +0200, you wrote:
On Thursday 02 May 2002 19:16, Nick Selby wrote:
> So i've done that, started swat, created the share, named "nick" allowed
> hosts, set it to read only-no and guest okay=yes
> Sadly, Windows don't see it.
> (BTW, I tried to map the drive to
> \\\nick )

Make sure samba really is running (rcsamba status), then wait. Windows is
remarkably slow to find new hosts on the network.