From: Thomas E. Beasley, Jr. [mailto:beesknees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 3:07 PM
To: SUSE LINUX POST
Subject: Re: [SLE] 7.2 -> 8 update problem

Hi SuSE folks,

I have SuSe 7.2 pro, which I clean installed from my SuSE 6.4. The
problem I have now with buying 8.0 is this; since upgrading to 7.2 pro
I've been forcing myself to become more and more a SuSE user and less
and less a Window$ user. This means I have a ton of saved documents I
don't want to loose.
Another consideration: it's taken me this long to get 7.2 to run as
smoothly as it is now. I'm down to only a couple of things I need to fix
and I'll have it the way I want it.
Question: Does SuSE 8.0 support the same backup system 7.2 had - taper
- or do I need to backup my documents some other way?
Would it be better just to upgrade my kernel? I still have 2.4.4. Can
2.4.18 be used to upgrade 7.2?

Thanks,
Tom
><> <><
One of the hardest points to get past in spiritual formation is that in
order for me to be spiritually transformed, I have to want to not want
what I now want. -- Philosophy professor Dallas Willard - (quoted in
Explorer, Mar 12, 2001, )
><> <><
This message originated from a Unix computer using Open Source software:
SuSE Linux 7.2 Pro, Galeon 1.0.3 Browser, AbiWord 0.99.3 Word
Processor, Ximian Gnome 1.4.0.6 and Evolution 1.0.3 Groupware Suite.
Have a lot of fun!!! (Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and
an Apache inside.)