AC97
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:36:31 +0200
Hi,

Trying to rephrase my question a little.

I have a motherboard with a built in soundcard that the docs simply lable as
"AC97". I see a module ac97.o, and it doesn't complain when I load it, but
there's no sound.

So here's my question: could someone shed some light on what exactly AC97 is?

I've read a few papers on the net. Am I right in thinking AC97 is an
application interface, as opposed to a chipset standard (in other words the
ac97 module is an API that still requires a chipset specific driver) or have
I misunderstood something?

TIA
Anders

< Previous Next >