Re: [SLE] Hewlett Packard PhotoSmart 315 2.0MP Digital Camera
  • From: Jay Vollmer <jvollmer1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 00:44:19 -0600
Bryan Tyson wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 April 2002 00:44, Jay wrote:
>
> > Gphoto2 doesn't support the 315, but SanDisk makes inexpensive CFcard
> > readers that work perfectly under Linux. Ive got the $22 desktop
> > reader and the $9 PCMCIA CFcard reader. They both work great under
> > Linux.
> What is the procedure to use the PCMCIA CF reader? Thank you.

1) Put the CF card into the PCMCIA card
2) Insert the combined pair into the Laptop.
3) Do a fdisk -l to see what device it is.
Mine shows up as /dev/hde1
4) Mount the device on your preferred mountpoint.
I use /mnt/sandisk and define it in /etc/fstab
5) Read and write just like an HD.

--
JAY VOLLMER
JVOLLMER1@xxxxxxxxx