Re: apt-get for SuSE
  • From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:25:25 +0000
Hi

I seem to find it impossible to use here, the only thing that works
is that when I run apt-get upgrade, it warns me that it will delete
all of my KDE3 beta packages without downloading anything new.
apt-get update doesn't work at all, nor does apt-get update update.
I tried it with the sample apt.conf file at gwdg, but no joy.

I got hold of libapt and apt4rpm the other day to try it out. Read
most of the docs but can't find out why it doesn't work. I just get
"bash: apt-get: command not found". Tried running apt-get as root
and as a user. SuSE 7.3.

Maybe I've missed something that is very fundamental here ? Any help
appreciated :)

Thanks

--
Richard