Re: [SLE]CLOSURE-problem mounting a USB digital camera
  • From: Eric Pierce <eric_suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:29:38 -0800 (PST)
--- tomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Eric, I'm glad you got a Sony USB digital cam
working. I've been
watching for information to help me pick something
for a webcam and
your post interested me. Went to Google and searched
for Sony and
digital cam products (as in webcam) and came up with
nothing for USA.
There was an interesting product and apparently it
is(or has been)
marketed in the UK and Europe, but not here in USA.
Is that the case for
the Sony cam you installed? That it's a non-US
(maybe PAL format)
product?
Well, it's not a webcam, it's a Sony Digital Still
Camera - DSC-P1. Anyway, my friend picked up this
camera in either Canada or Japan...

Eric
Just a little closure letter here...

A friend brought over a Sony (USB) digital camera
of
his (sorry, forgot the model #), and the /dev/sd*
drive came right up on the console as well as with
an
'fdisk -l'. So everything I had been trying was
right... just the wrong camera.

Here's a sniplet of a reply from Toshiba in
regards to
my kind (too kind?) request for a Linux driver for
my
PDR-M61.

--snip--
"We do not support Linux at this time, and have no
immediate plans to add support for it."
--snip--

Time to sell the camera!

Thanks to all who wrote!