Re: [SLE] Printer pole and chatter about MuttPrint
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 00:11:53 -0800
* rev rob (hd522@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020302 00:08]:
->
->Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that.I have an old HP DeskJet 500,a friend
->gave me and it is the workhorse,that has NEVER failed me.I love it
->sure its only B/W.I've had a few Epsons(nice)an hp laser Jet 5L(nice) a
->lexmark z22(crap, which I bought for my mac but I hate it.)The HP 500
->and 600s are the best dinosaurs around.But I'm sentimental.
->Epson makes some real printers.Easy to set up with SuSE and they work
->well. If you do decide on an Epson,remember to turn it off when not in
->use.If you leave it on all the time the jet sprayers(there is a term
->for this but I can't remember right now)dry up and its either pay a butt
->load to fix it or buy another.I've had this happen to two of my friends
->in the past year and a half. They are faster and clearer.I like them.
-> Glad to hear your muttprint is all better,too
-> Hope this helps?

My wife has an 880 Epson attached to her Mac (running OSX) and she loves
it. We spent maybe $80 on the thing. I could just get one of these.

Anyone else can chime in as well. We have one vote for Epson :)

Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around the more I
think it might not be a bad thing." -JC