Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen
  • From: Landy Roman <landy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:35:07 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 02:23:25 +0100
Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday 02 March 2002 02:13, S.Toms wrote:
Problem is, I know mine is configured right, I even have another
computer to compare it with. My suspicions are that the kernel (in my
case the 2.4.16) wasn't compile to allow the splash screen. I can boot
back up with the 2.4.4 kernel that came with SuSE 7.2 and the splash
screen works fine, but the 2.4.16 kernel from SuSE's upgrade/kernel
directory doesn not.

You can always check with

zgrep SPLASH /proc/config.gz

On my system I get

CONFIG_FBCON_SPLASHSCREEN=y

You should also check the setting for the version of framebuffer you're
using

zgrep FB /proc/config.gz will give you the current status.

Incidentally, I'm running 2.4.16 from the official update directory for
7.3. Are the kernels really different between suse versions? I can't see
why they should be.

looks ok hereCONFIG_FBCON_SPLASHSCREEN=y
what is this BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD

CONFIG_FBCON_SPLASHSCREEN=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD is not set
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_RIVA=m
CONFIG_FB_CLGEN=m
CONFIG_FB_PM2=m
CONFIG_FB_PM2_FIFO_DISCONNECT=y
CONFIG_FB_PM2_PCI=y
CONFIG_FB_CYBER2000=m
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
CONFIG_FB_VGA16=m
CONFIG_FB_HGA=m
CONFIG_FB_MATROX=m
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_MILLENIUM=y
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_MYSTIQUE=y
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_G100=y
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_I2C=m
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_MAVEN=m
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_G450=m
CONFIG_FB_MATROX_MULTIHEAD=y
CONFIG_FB_ATY=m
CONFIG_FB_ATY_GX=y
CONFIG_FB_ATY_CT=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_ATY128=m
CONFIG_FB_SIS=m
CONFIG_FB_SIS_300=y
CONFIG_FB_SIS_315=y
CONFIG_FB_3DFX=m
CONFIG_FB_VOODOO1=m
# CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL is not set
CONFIG_FBCON_SPLASHSCREEN=y
CONFIG_FBCON_ADVANCED=y
CONFIG_FBCON_MFB=m
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB2=m
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB4=m
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB8=y
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB16=y
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB24=y
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB32=y
CONFIG_FBCON_AFB=m
CONFIG_FBCON_ILBM=m
CONFIG_FBCON_IPLAN2P2=m
CONFIG_FBCON_IPLAN2P4=m
CONFIG_FBCON_IPLAN2P8=m
CONFIG_FBCON_MAC=m
CONFIG_FBCON_VGA_PLANES=m
CONFIG_FBCON_VGA=m
CONFIG_FBCON_HGA=m
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTWIDTH8_ONLY is not set
CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS=y

< Previous Next >