Re: [SLE] UltraEdit
  • From: "Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:38:42 -0600
Howdy,
> I've been told: "UltraEdit runs perfectly with WINE"
> I found WINE in the SuSE PRO installation kit. However, in the Yast2
> catalog description I read the word "(ALPHA)". This makes me think that
> WINE is a SuSE application that runs only on ALPHA stations ... is thia
> true ???

No, it's considered "alpha quality" (i.e. before beta releases). However,
it does work fairly well much of the time.

> Is there a Window-like SuSE application that supports UltraEdit ???
> This editor is much easier to use and efficient than any editor coming
> with SuSE.

I recommend Kate, which is included with KDE (probably the desktop you are
using), it has most of the features I liked about UltraEdit. Frankly, I know
of nothing that has *everything* that UltraEdit features in as nice of
package - but Kate is getting there.

-Tim

PS: Going by your e-mail address, it looks like we are in the same city. Glad
to see more St. Louisians are joining SLE. :-D

Timothy R. Butler tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Universal Networks http://www.uninet.info
Christian Portal and Search Tool: http://www.faithtree.com
Open Source Migration Guide: http://www.ofb.biz